- In a large bowl, combine lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, salt, pepper, and garlic, along with 1 tablespoon of water.
- Cube chicken breasts into 1-inch chunks. Add the chicken pieces into the bowl and toss to coat. Marinate for at least 10 minutes or up to 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium.
- Remove chicken from marinade and alternately thread chicken pieces and bell peppers onto 4 skewers. Note: if using wooden skewers, soak them in water prior to avoid burning
- Place the skewers onto a lightly oiled grate and set to medium high heat.
- Grill chicken, turning often so each side browns, until cooked through, about 10-12 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes Total Time: 40 minutes Servings: 4
Makes 4 servings at 237 calories, 29 g protein, 5 g carbs, 10 g fat.
Center for Bariatrics and Health Weight
The Women’s Health Center
Heart & Vascular Services